Thursday, 22 March 2007

Knitting for the Long Term

I finished another square on my knitted afghan last night. That was square 14 and there are more than 60 in the book I am using, the 'Learn to Knit Afghan' book. Each square is in a different stitch pattern and they are grouped into different chapters of technique. Currently I am in the Mosaic knitting chapter. The book teaches continental style knitting, which I am liking but I had to look at some on-line knitting videos to understand some of the stitches - sometimes you just can't pick up things like that from a 2-D drawing on the page. I am knitting in Debbie Bliss Merino Aran wool, which is just the most gorgeous soft non-scratchy wool and gives really good stitch definition. /br

I write in pencil in my book the date that I finish each square. I started this project in October 2006, and at first on the easier patterns was churning out 2 or 3 squares a week. However, I noticed last night that since xmas, I have only been producing one a month. At over 60 squares, I am on track to finish this afghan in FIVE YEARS. Need to knit more...

1 comment:

swooze said...

We want pictures!!

Miniature Collections

Miniature Net Ring

This site is owned by
ShinyNewThing

Want to join a
Miniature Network Ring?

[Next] [Previous] [Random] [List Sites]