Tuesday, 10 April 2007

Tank Top Pics

This is the tank top I've been working on, in Phildar Aviso which is a cotton/acrylic yarn. It fits pretty well, and I like the front detail where the ribbing on the armholes turns into the shoulder strap. This was a free pattern I found on the internet.


I am not so convinced by the back shaping, the ribbing makes it go a bit 'gathered' in the middle and I think the top part looks a bit like a super-hero costume. The original pattern was knit in ribbon yarn, so I suppose all of this detailing would have been less defined / more blurry than in this cotton yarn.

Anyway, it is quite cool and comfortable and I wore it around the house this afternoon. I took it off when I was working on my Miss Lydia Pickett 1/24th scale dresser kit, and put on old clothes in case I spilled glue/paint. The kit is looking pretty good, but I've had a few problems, will post a pic and commentary when I get it done. I've also been sewing the binding on my scalloped Dresden Plate tablerunner, and will post pics when that's done also. I've sewed a few more holly leaves on my second March applique block (guilt, guilt) and am very conscious that it's already the second week of April and I haven't even looked at the two applique blocks for April yet.

Tomorrow I need to find a box (will have to dump something out in the attic) to post my two quilt entries off to the Malvern quilt show - they have to arrive by 20th April. And I need to sew the entry labels on the back of them, then try to remove some of the cat hair and bearding to make them look a bit more presentable. I still don't know if I am going to get up to the show to see them hanging or not, it is about 3.5 hours away by train and I don't have a hotel booked or anything. I would like to go, haven't been back to that show for years. I don't enter shows very often, but when I do, I like to lurk around my quilt and eavesdrop on what people are saying about them, if anything. I probably look very suspicious, like some kind of stalker.

3 comments:

swooze said...

I like your tank! I have never tried to crochet clothing other than a hat and scarf! Nice job!

Kathy Wagner said...

Enjoy your quilt stalking! :)

Greenmare said...

Great tank top! No wonder you husband raved.
I like your little furniture, too cute!

Miniature Collections

Miniature Net Ring

This site is owned by
ShinyNewThing

Want to join a
Miniature Network Ring?

[Next] [Previous] [Random] [List Sites]