Tuesday, 24 July 2007

Pics from my Trip


A few pictures from my trip - I haven't taken a photo of my shopping or of my Accidental Landscape class quilts yet.




These are the blocks from my Mystery Quilt class with Lawry Thorn - we made 25 pieced blocks from 10 fabrics chosen to coordinate with our chosen theme fabric (focus fabric is the 'plain' block). I am a bit disappointed with how it turned out, I find the layout rather boring, I thought we might be doing something more complex. I don't know what I am going to do with this quilt yet.



This is one room of the "Sew Many Quilts" shop in Bend, a larger town about 30 miles from Sisters.







This is the main street of Sisters on show day - this year the road was closed to traffic which made it really easy to get around. Apparently they get about 20,000 visitors on show day.














This is the block contest that my friend Eileen and I made blocks for, out of the hideous fabric kit provided (you may remember the pic from an earlier post). When the blocks were all together like this, they looked a lot better. Still wouldn't want to win the contest quilts though.














This is my quilt hanging in the show - the second from the left. It is a 12 block calendar quilt (one block for each month) that I made a really long time ago, but it was small enough to go into the suitcase. The zig-zags behind the blocks represent the four seasons and are blue sky, summer trees, autumn leaves and snow, respectively.







asdfs - This is one of the two rooms in the Imagiknit knitting shop in San Francisco.

1 comment:

Quilt crazy said...

Glad you made it home! Have been enjoying your postings of your trip to Oregon and California. More pictures from Sisters on my blog (next in the Quilt 4 pleasure ring) oregonquilt.blogspot.com

Miniature Collections

Miniature Net Ring

This site is owned by
ShinyNewThing

Want to join a
Miniature Network Ring?

[Next] [Previous] [Random] [List Sites]