Thursday, 20 December 2007

Yay, off work until Christmas now



Today was my last day up in London until after Christmas - yay! Now I can turn my attention to way more important things like figuring out what food we need to buy for Christmas dinner.


I had Christmas lunch with one of the local sewing groups at a pub a few days ago, and I wore my new Christmas earrings that I tatted on the weekend in 80 thread from a pattern that was published in the Ring of Tatters newsletter. Boy, when you see them blown up to this size, you wish you had made a few of the joining picots a bit smaller...





Remember I was working on that Kaffe Fassett striped fabric? Well this is what I have made so far - the diamonds are 11 inches on a side so this is wide enough to be the middle of a single size quilt. I don't have a pattern, I am just kind of making this up as I go along.











I also knit a hat using this free pattern, using one strand of the RY Cashsoft DK with one strand of a synthetic mohair, which together made about a chunky yarn. The texture of the hat is lovely, soft and fuzzy, but it is a bit big for me - I might unseam it and make it a bit smaller. I'm going to knit some mittens to match using this other free pattern.

3 comments:

Sew Create It - Jane said...

My last day was today too... great feeling when you walk out the door knowing you got a few days off. Hope you have a great Christmas!

Penny said...

Those earrings are great.

Kathy Wagner said...

My goodness but you are talented! Tatting, knitting AND quilting!
Merry Christmas!

Miniature Collections

Miniature Net Ring

This site is owned by
ShinyNewThing

Want to join a
Miniature Network Ring?

[Next] [Previous] [Random] [List Sites]