Wednesday, 27 February 2008

I got the job!

I found out late on Friday that I have been offered the job! So of course I said yes. I had a quick meeting with my new boss on Monday morning and we have tentatively agreed that I will move over in mid-April. So that means that I still get to go to Chicago at the beginning of April for the Tom Bishop miniatures show and the Chicago International quilt show - yay! I was afraid that I wouldn't get to go. It also allows time for my second surgery in mid March to settle down - the surgeon is going to cut away a further sliver around the front margin of my skin graft, because the lab thinks that perhaps he didn't get all the skin cancer. He thinks he probably did, but said it is best to be sure. He also wants to do a 'punch biopsy' on a funny patch on my chest. So I will likely be heading off to Chicago with a few band-aids in place, but hopefully it will all be healed up by the time I start the new job. So I am really really pleased (and of course, worrying about what the change is going to mean for me and my family) but I expect it will all work out.


I found out what I was doing wrong on my cabled cardigan - it starts on a wrong side (WS) row, so I should have been reading row 1 of the chart from left to right. I was automatically reading it from right to left because I was still in fair isle mode from my mittens, so no wonder the pattern wasn't coming out like it should. It is going fine now but a bit slow going. The mess at the bottom is my false start, then I did a row of waste yarn and started over again. I'm planning to knit a cable trim along the sleeve edge, so I will pick up the live stitches then.
I just found out that the Yarn Harlot is coming to London for the SnB/I Knit day in September, so I have booked a ticket to go and see her. I have my Saturday Sewing club the same day, so I will have to duck out after a few hours with them to travel up to London, hopefully they will understand.
Meanwhile I am stitching on vintage log cabin blocks from a stack of FQs that I bought at Sisters in July, they are about half-size so far, I am chain piecing 36 blocks log by log.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I am so excited you are coming to Chicago for the International Festival. We will have to get together while you are here!

Jenni

Kathy Wagner said...

Congratulations Sharon! That is such great news! AND a Quilt show in Chicago...you will have a very exciting April!

Penny said...

Congratulations on the new job.

Miniature Collections

Miniature Net Ring

This site is owned by
ShinyNewThing

Want to join a
Miniature Network Ring?

[Next] [Previous] [Random] [List Sites]