Friday, 22 February 2008

No news yet

No news yet on the job, I am expecting to hear something today (Friday) because they said they would be in touch 'later in the week'.

Meanwhile I have clothed my little bear in a nice warm jacket with bright red buttons, which hopefully will cheer him up as he looks a little doleful.








I've also made up the sample blocks, Log Cabin, for the next BOM step which I have to hand out tomorrow at my Saturday Sewing Club.

I've decided to take my two bulging scrap bags to club and throw them to the piranhas, I mean, sewing ladies. They are taking up too much room in my sewing closet and I don't feel like making a scrap quilt at the moment. I made that nice string star quilt last year, but at the moment I just want to get on with some of my UFOs and other projects. If I do get to go to the Chicago International show in April, I will have to try not to bring home too much to add to my already bulging stash.


However, one of the Lime and Violet podcasters (a knitting podcast) has 124 skeins of sock yarn when she counted up - so I feel much better about my modest stash of a dozen or so skeins.

I have made a start on knitting the Silver Belle cabled cardigan from Vogue Knitting (also published in a UK knitting magazine as the Romy cabled cardigan by Debbie Bliss). It took me an hour last night to knit just 6 rows of the sleeve, and it doesn't look right so I am going to have to rip it out. I could be knitting on this cardi when I am 90. It is very challenging and I am having trouble reading the charts correctly. I'm also not sure that my Almerino yarn is going to work, I am substituting for the Cashmerino that the pattern calls for, but the Almerino doesn't seem to be giving very good stitch definition. I wanted to step up from socks and gloves and try something more challenging, but perhaps I have bitten off more than I can knit.

No comments:

Miniature Collections

Miniature Net Ring

This site is owned by
ShinyNewThing

Want to join a
Miniature Network Ring?

[Next] [Previous] [Random] [List Sites]