Friday, 25 April 2008

Busy, busy, busy

It’s been a busy week. This was my first full week in my new job, and the return to full time is really impacting on my capacity to do my hobbies, not to mention the housework, paperwork etc. I am feeling burdened by the pressure to do some of it every evening instead of just being able to relax and sew/knit etc. I am sure after a while we will reach a new balance. Dh is anxious to help out by doing a bit more, but he hasn’t been feeling 100% well lately either.

In increments of about 20 minutes a day I have been assembling a ‘quick’ baby quilt this week, intended as a thank you gift for a friend in Chicago. Hopefully I will finish that this weekend. I have also done a few more rows on my Bird in the Hand second mitten . The first mitten is still waiting for its thumb.





I did finish a beanie hat from Yarn Forward magazine, knitted in the round using Swirl by Lorna's Laces in the Watercolour colourway. It fits really well and dh says this is his favourite out of the things I have knit so far. I am starting to get the itch to knit something summery, as the seasons have abruptly changed here. When I got back from Chicago I was still wearing my winter coat and a hat/scarf in the cold mornings, now the afternoons are 70 degrees and we are sitting out in the garden. Our apple tree is in full gorgeous pink bloom, and the clematis on the
shed is looking very pretty.


1 comment:

swooze said...

I hope you are liking the job. You really can accomplish a lot in those small bits of "found" time. Everything looks good.

Miniature Collections

Miniature Net Ring

This site is owned by
ShinyNewThing

Want to join a
Miniature Network Ring?

[Next] [Previous] [Random] [List Sites]