Friday, 6 June 2008

Another week flown by



I've sewn another sample block for the BOM I am running for my saturday sewing group. This one is 16" finished - which meant that I had to make the sashing into slight rectangles to avoid all the squares being a really odd measurement.

The week has flown by as usual - and finally today the Big Day has arrived. I am working from home!! It hasn't been unalloyed joy as I just found out that the tedious hour I spent analysing a spreadsheet sent to me by a colleague was a complete waste of time as it turns out she sent me the wrong one. When I discovered this, I didn't even get an apology, which was annoying enough that I actually confronted her in a mild way over the telephone about it. That earned me a half-hearted apology.

But in between wasting my time on work, I've done three loads of laundry, simmered bolognese sauce for four meals and put it into the freezer, and tidied up a bit. I love being at home!! Sadly, still more actual paid work to do this afternoon, but still feels good. And tommorrow I get to sew.

1 comment:

swooze said...

Oh good! Yes I would like to work from home even if only a few times a month. You can accomplish so much!

You sound happier about the job. I am pleased for you.

Miniature Collections

Miniature Net Ring

This site is owned by
ShinyNewThing

Want to join a
Miniature Network Ring?

[Next] [Previous] [Random] [List Sites]