Friday, 27 June 2008

What a haul!

Wednesday night when I logged onto Ravelry I found out that Liberty's of London's (a department store with a big yarn section) summer sale was on, . So I shot up there on my lunch hour the next day, anxious to see if there was still anything left after five days since the sale started. Luckily there was still loads of Rowan yarn on half price, and I came away with quite a haul. 20 skeins of Rowan Summer Tweed, 10 balls of Rowan Damask, 10 balls of Rowan 4-ply in pink, and 22 balls of Rowan 4-ply in assorted colours to knit the multi coloured tshirt from the Rowan 40 magazine. All at half price! Thank you fellow Ravelry members for leaving some for me.


Here are some before and after pictures of my Rik Pierce house from this past weekend's work. In the first picture it still has the shipping damage, collapsed dock, stairs etc. and still lots of exterior painting to do. In the second picture, I have repaired the damage and painted a lot of the exterior.








Our lavender hedge is in glorious bloom in the garden right now, so beautiful and the bees love it too.

4 comments:

Penny said...

That sounds like a good haul.

Teresa said...

How fun it is to get something you just love at half price - great shopping you did there. The house is so cute. How long have you been working on it?

swooze said...

Nice haul! Your little house is adorable!

swooze said...

Ppssssssstttttttt...go look at your willowcrest blog! *ggg* I think I found your lost post.

Miniature Collections

Miniature Net Ring

This site is owned by
ShinyNewThing

Want to join a
Miniature Network Ring?

[Next] [Previous] [Random] [List Sites]