Wednesday, 16 July 2008

Time off from being a mom

I am in the second glorious week of ds being down at his grandparents. I haven't got nearly as much done as I thought I might, but it has still been a wonderful break from the daily grind. We've been eating supper about two hours later, we can watch the tv when we want to, I can sew at night time without keeping anyone awake, we even went away camping for the weekend and nobody moaned about how boring it was.
I did another block for my BOM that I am running, and was able to assemble the first two rows of the quilt. It's only 48" wide so will struggle to be a single size unless I add lots of borders. I am doing this from my stash and having fun choosing really bright colours, like a child has coloured the quilt in with crayons.












I put together some of the little kits I bought in Chicago at the Tom Bishop show, which are going to be 'Americana' decoration in my quilt shop that I am building. The birdhouse shelf is by Linda Boyd and the other three adorable houses are by Karen Benson Miniatures. The fork is in the picture to show some scale.

I also put together this box of trims which was a kit from Lisa's Little Things. It is about 1.5 inches long.










I just finished this backpack from a booklet I bought last summer in Oregon by Cindy Taylor Oates. I wore it to work today and it was really comfortable. It is made from quilt fabric (I actually bought this in 1998 on my first trip to Paducah, because I loved it ,but have never found the right project to use it in) laid over heavy canvas for stability, and parts of it are interfaced further with heavy interfacing. I love how it has all the details of a real backpack.



























Thank you to Scraphappy for giving me the Brilliante Weblog award. She gave it to me because she likes that I don't try to limit my number of hobbies. What can I say, it's a compulsion. However, I am now supposed to give the award to seven other blogs that I enjoy. I am having the same problem as I had when I got tagged: I just don't have the time to read many blogs regularly.


The rules are as follows:
1. The winner can put the logo on his/her blog/
2. Link to the person you received your award from
3. Nominate at least 7 other blogs
4. Put links to those blogs on yours.
5. Leave a message on the blogs of the people you have nominated.


1) The first blog has to be, of course, the Swooze, who got me into blogging in the first place and is an unfailing source of inspiration to fellow #Quiltchatters. I really admire her singleminded determination to tackle her UFO backlog despite whatever life throws at her.

2) I've tagged Kathy before, hopefully she won't mind if I do it again. She does lovely work and seems like such a cheerful openhearted person - what I would aspire to be in my next life because I haven't managed it in this one.

3) I try to keep up with Beth, because she is always churning out colourful and interesting projects and she loves to shop!

4) I don't get to Luv2Stitch's blog very often, but she is another who does lots of quilting with lots of lovely pictures to look at.

I'm afraid that is about it. Otherwise I listen to a few podcasts and occasionally visit blogs from shops, or semi-professional blogs like the Yarn Harlot. I'm tempted to mention my friend Sablegirl's blog, but she is new to blogging and not posting too often yet.

So thanks Scraphappy!

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Gee, thank you! I am honored and grateful. Sounds like you are enjoying your time 'alone' and we all need that from time to time.

Kathy Wagner said...

Thanks Sharon!
I am so delighted by your comments and thrilled to be described in a way that exactly fits with who I try to be!
Thank you so much! You made me day!

Miniature Collections

Miniature Net Ring

This site is owned by
ShinyNewThing

Want to join a
Miniature Network Ring?

[Next] [Previous] [Random] [List Sites]