Sunday, 19 October 2008

Feeling christmassy

It's been Christmas in my sewing room this week as I work on my tree skirt, and also made a stocking for the #QuiltChat stocking swap. The tree skirt has been a lot of fun, choosing fabrics to add character to the houses, reindeer, and the jolly Santa, and snipping everything out of fusible web. This is an in-progress shot of the centre. There is embroidery to add, and buttons for decoration, and a border around the outside. The whole thing will be about 65" square, and the hole will be cut out of the middle to accommodate the tree.





The stocking is in response to my swap partner's expressed preferences, I hope they like it. I used a pattern from Eleanor Burns Quilt in A Day.




















I finally got around to painting and varnishing the bread dough sculpture I made several months ago - although it doesn't seem to have suffered from not being sealed. I guess although our summer was pretty gloomy, it wasn't particularly humid this year.
















This is my little sock on its mini sock blocker, that I bought as a kit at Alexandra Palace - so cute. I have hung it on my zip bag of knit accessories.














I've been knitting up a storm this week. My Noro Kureyon glove now has 3.5 fingers and went with me to the knitting evening at the I-Knit shop in London on Thursday night. Now that Ds is rowing that day, I don't have to rush home so I can go knitting instead. There was an interesting short presentation from an author of a vintage knit book, and I enjoyed a cider (they are a licensed knitting shop) while chatting to my tablemates. My Plymouth Baby Alpaca scarf is about 14 inches long and slowly growing, I have pressed on with Bianca's jacket in Rowan Summer Tweed - now that I am reading the pattern correctly it is going much more smoothly. I've started a hat in Koigu from the pattern I bought at Alexandra Palace.

2 comments:

swooze said...

What a cute tree skirt. Can't wait to see the embellishments. Are you planning to embellish the stocking at all?

Sarah Nopp said...

That is a cute little stocking. I am so impressed that you are not waiting until the very last minute to make it LOL

Miniature Collections

Miniature Net Ring

This site is owned by
ShinyNewThing

Want to join a
Miniature Network Ring?

[Next] [Previous] [Random] [List Sites]