Sunday, 23 November 2008

Back to normal...

I've just enjoyed a wonderful three days at home (I worked at home on Friday). Thursday night when I got home, I was so exhausted from the ordeal that I fell into bed at 9 p.m. Friday morning I wasn't really much better, and didn't really get going until about 10:30 a.m. But we've had a lovely weekend - the weather has been terrible with driving sleet and rain, so we have snuggled indoors all weekend and I've done lots of sewing. Today I even baked, something I rarely do: I made three different types of cookie and a coffee cake - once I had everything out, it just seemed easy to keep going. My family is thrilled, needless to say.



I finished this kit, called the Seamstress' Companion by Lisa's Little Things, which has gone into my quilting shop as a decorative display. It was rather fiddly as there are a lot of components, but I am really pleased with how it has turned out. I started it last Sunday when I had the house to myself, and finished it this weekend.


I've almost finished my xmas tree skirt. Here are some closeups of the Santa and reindeer, you can see the reins that link all the reindeer together, and the deer now have antlers, eyes, buttons on their harness etc. At the moment I am sewing down the binding, will take another pic when it is all done.








I've finished my Noro gloves but the second glove came out a different colour in the fingers than the first glove, which means the colourway in Noro Kureyon does not repeat exactly. The cuffs and palms are the same, but the first glove changed to several bright colours for the fingers whereas the second glove did not. So I think I might undo one of the first glove's fingers and re-knit it, because it is a bright pink and looks odd, like I dipped that finger in paint.



My Saturday sewing club is this coming weekend, so I made two more sample BOM blocks. We're almost finished now, just one more block to do in January. One lady is doing the whole top in just black and white, it looks fantastic.



I am hoping to set up my tabletop quilting frame in December and tackle my mound of tops. I got them all out and piled them up for this pic, then went through them. Some of them are too big for my frame, which only takes a single, but I think there are six that I can quilt on the frame. So I started pulling stash for the backs, this is going to use up a lot of stash in one swell foop. I also have the FQs that I pieced together several months ago when I had that big clearout, so I will make two backs out of those, and the rest of the backs are large pieces that I had in my stash. I bought a handlebar speed control so I won't have to improvise with my foot pedal tied to the handles anymore, which should be a big improvement. I haven't used the frame since last Christmas, so hopefully I will be able to get back up to speed on it.




Back to work tomorrow, sigh... I need to buy more lottery tickets.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

I used to make doll house furniture from kits and just had the best time with it. My doll house is now at my daughter's house along with all my handmade furniture and tools. Seeing yours makes me want to take it back up.

Miniature Collections

Miniature Net Ring

This site is owned by
ShinyNewThing

Want to join a
Miniature Network Ring?

[Next] [Previous] [Random] [List Sites]