Saturday, 28 February 2009

Pictures at last

We made it home safely, after a couple of enjoyable days in San Francisco. I am still trying to recover from jet lag: Thursday night I woke up at 1:30 am and couldn't get back to sleep again at all. Today (Saturday) I am still feeling groggy and tired. I've taken the photos off the camera and I thought you would be interested in finally getting to see some of the things I've been talking about.



- a Mai Tai with an umbrella in it as the sun goes down: now we're talking. I enjoyed many of these over the holiday.













- One of the many magnificent Hawaiian quilts we saw at the Waimea quilt show on Oahu. Sorry it is sideways, my image program has given up the ghost.










The entertainers at the Waimea quilt show, apparently these two ladies have been coming to the show for something like 20 years to play and sing.













- Kaffe Fassett talking about the snowball quilt during the workshop.














- Kaffe Fassett (left) and Brandon Mably during one of the lectures.














-sideways view of my quilt design from the first workshop (will be a snowball quilt)















- sideways view of my quilt design from the second workshop - I don't like this one very much, and the border fabric was Brandon's suggestion, I'm not too sure about it. Although it is a lot tamer than a lot of the other quilts from the workshop (all made with Kaffe fabric).











- my first finished sock (with Waikiki beach in the background). This is the Potpourri sock from "Knitting with handpainted yarn"












- sunset over Waikiki Beach











2 comments:

Teresa said...

Wow..very pretty pictures. I just love love love your snowball quilt. I have seen that fabric in magazines and always thought it was beautiful, but just could not quite envision how to use it. Your quilt is just perfect!

Sarah Nopp said...

lovely pictures :) I have never been to Hawaii yet. But I am totally enamored of the quilts!

Miniature Collections

Miniature Net Ring

This site is owned by
ShinyNewThing

Want to join a
Miniature Network Ring?

[Next] [Previous] [Random] [List Sites]