Friday, 8 May 2009

Thank you Swooze

Look what my friend Swooze sent me from America!


This is the 'Little Box of Socks' by Charlene Schurch and Beth Parrott, full of 20 great sock patterns all printed on cards that will slip easily into a knitting bag. There are some really good patterns in here that I look forward to knitting. The majority will look best in solid or semi-solid yarns to show off the patterning, but they all look 'do-able' and wearable (in contrast to Cookie A's new sock book which I have also recently acquired, whose patterns mostly look very complicated even though beautiful). Thank you Swooze! that is so nice of you.






I actually finished a few things!. This is the tablerunner I have been working on, it is from a pattern called 'Posy Delight' from Quilt Almanac #98 magazine which I bought in Hawaii. This is the project that I used the Clover Yo-Yo makers on, the large Yo-Yo for the round yo-yos, and the Flower Yo-Yo maker for the pink flowers. I've got quilting friends coming over tomorrow so I will put this out on my table.








And this is the other Accidental Landscape quilt that I made in a workshop at Sisters. I am keeping this one, I like it as it reminds me a bit of where I grew up in western Canada.











The shrub underneath the clematis in last week's post is now also in full riot of blossom (I can't remember what it's called). The flowers are also pink so it looks beautiful underneath the clematis. I love this time of year, when everything is healthy and lush in the garden (including our lawn as you will notice...).
And I will say Hi back to 'Alpaca Addict' who came up to say 'Hi' last night at the I-Knit knitting group and to say she reads my blog and knows all about me. Thank you, thank you, I will sign autographs after the show... :) I was drinking cider on a relatively empty stomach, and managed to go wrong on both my Pi Shawl and subsequently on my summer shawl, so that I had to stop knitting the last half hour of the evening. Hopefully I will be able to fix my drunken knitting today. Note to self: eat more before next knitting night.

4 comments:

julieQ said...

What neat socks patterns! And pretty flowers, thank you for sharing them.

Vanessa Hubbard said...

Thank you for making me smile.

Quilter Kathy said...

LOVE that landscape!
The flowers are gorgeous!

anne bebbington said...

the shrub looks like a wiegela but don't quote me on it - gorgeous in full bloom though

Miniature Collections

Miniature Net Ring

This site is owned by
ShinyNewThing

Want to join a
Miniature Network Ring?

[Next] [Previous] [Random] [List Sites]