Sunday, 18 April 2010

Where did the week go?

My new job gets me home later, so I am basically walking in the door and putting on an apron to cook dinner.  We are gradually finding a new routine but it has meant less time for crafting.  I am still really enjoying my new job, finding new things every day that are just so much better than where I used to work. Even little things like there being a nice big post office within easy walking distance, for when I need to send parcels etc.

I have been knitting on my Pi Shawl at lunchtimes because it is very portable, and I decided to pin it out to see how I was doing.  I think that it is finally big enough to start knitting the border.  I measured when I had it pinned out and it is approximately 23 inches from the centre to the edge, without being pulled too hard.  So I've been looking on Ravelry at other Pi Shawls, and in EZ's book at her suggestions for edgings, and at my Estonian Lace book for knitted on edgings.  I think I am going to go with an edging I found on Ravelry, Mwaa's "EZ 100th Anniversary PI Shawl" which I think will look nice and hopefully won't be too hard to knit. Unfortunately it means 40 more rows at 576 stitches so it still isn't going to be finished any time soon.

I've knit a bit more on my Clapotis and I pieced the backing for my Stack and Whack Stars Top, and that's about it for this week apart from doing some work on my dollshouse this weekend.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Good to hear continuing happy reports about your new job. The shawl is beautiful. I bet some of your new co-workers are eyeing it too.

Miniature Collections

Miniature Net Ring

This site is owned by
ShinyNewThing

Want to join a
Miniature Network Ring?

[Next] [Previous] [Random] [List Sites]