Sunday, 30 October 2011

Knitting nirvana in Northampton

Today was a long drive south, and luckily we stopped and shelled out for snow boots because boy did it snow. We knew it was coming, so we stuck to the interstate for safety, which meant that we went right past Northampton, home of WEBs, America's yarn store. I thought I wouldn't be going until Monday but as the snow was still relatively light, we made a quick one hour stop.

Oh. My. God. I thought my head was going to explode. It's the size of a British supermarket AND there is a whole back warehouse full of sale yarns. Picture a huge room full of every yarn you've ever heard of, every obscure yarn called for in foreign patterns, every luxury yarn you've ever seen in Vogue Knitting. Nirvana. Thank god I had brought a shopping list or I think I would have just started running around throwing skeins in the air and speaking in tongues.

I got yarn for about five projects on my shopping list and a gift skein of Madeleine Tosh sock yarn for m-I-l. the we had to go as the snow was getting thicker. Sadly we ended up taking about 90 minutes of white knuckle driving to go 20 miles on the increasingly hairy interstate before finally reaching Lenox. Apparently there has been 18 inches so far and another foot expected. Luckily we are here for two nights and there is another knitting store here, Colourful Stitches, which is supposed to be fabulous...

2 comments:

Daisy said...

Webs sounds fantastic! Glad you survived the snow... That sounds much less fantastic.

Marthaamay O_o said...

Oh my goodness! Keep safe!

Miniature Collections

Miniature Net Ring

This site is owned by
ShinyNewThing

Want to join a
Miniature Network Ring?

[Next] [Previous] [Random] [List Sites]