Wednesday, 12 October 2011

Update to last post

A brief update to say that once my mittens were completely bone dry (and I put them in the airing cupboard in the hope that the dry heat would shrink them a bit), the yarn has plumped out again and regained much more body. 

I was very surprised when I took them out, because even when they were still just slightly damp, they were floppy and thin-feeling.  They aren't nearly as plush and thick as they used to be pre-washing, but have settled down to a smoother fabric that is soft without being too limp.  Bizarre.  This yarn seems to be really Jekyll and Hyde.

They are still much longer than they used to be, but I think they are wearable. If I push my hand right into them, they are only about an inch longer than my finger tips.  The wrist however comes partway to my elbow now, but it feels a bit like wearing a combo wrist warmer / mitten.

They are definitely pink, which is still making me feel cross when I look at them, but perhaps I will get used to it.  I will give them a chance this winter and see how we get on together. I can always give them to the charity shop if it doesn't work out.

2 comments:

Marthaamay O_o said...

You can wear false finger nails and still be able to fit your hands in the gloves then!

Daisy said...

A photo is definitely needed!

Miniature Collections

Miniature Net Ring

This site is owned by
ShinyNewThing

Want to join a
Miniature Network Ring?

[Next] [Previous] [Random] [List Sites]