I cut the front edges off and overlapped them for a flat seam, and cut off the sleeves to make a square.
I used the sleeves to make bag handles. Annoyingly, I managed to twist these when I sewed them on, and had to unpick and re-apply after felting.
So it shrunk somewhat in length, but didn't felt as much as I had expected - presumably because it was already a bit felted to begin with. I should have been a bit tidier with my seams, I just flung it together expecting the seams to vanish into the felt, which they haven't so much. But as an experiment, it was rather fun, and the nice felted texture is very tactile.
Tomorrow I am hoping to do some sewing. I had a very boring two hour meeting on Friday, in which my only required contribution was to turn my head towards each speaker to make it look like I was listening. Meanwhile I was doing a mental inventory of projects around the house that I wanted to tackle over the weekend (like plumbing in the new dishwasher and making the patio bigger) and crafty things that I wanted to sew, so hopefully tomorrow I will get to do some more of them.
I will finish with a shot of bluebells which I took on our rainy bluebell walk last weekend. These are probably the wrong kind of bluebells (Spanish invaders rather than native) but they were very pretty.