Monday, 28 October 2013

R.I.P. Lucy cat

Our cat Lucy has gone. Blood tests revealed that she had chronic kidney failure, a damaged liver and some kind of infection on top of all of that.  She spent the day on a drip but didn't improve so this evening we went back to the vet's to say good bye to her.

She was a good cat, and held up her cat honour by doing her utmost to always sit on my knitting, or my quilting, or my pattern, or to start licking me just as I was about to paint something for the dollshouse, not to mention working hard to ensure that I never left the house without at least one cat hair sticking to my clothes (usually to be discovered midway through the morning at the office in a prominent place on a dark suit). She kept us company through many years, and had a special personality. The house feels empty without her. We will miss her.


5 comments:

swooze said...

Hugs. Hard to lose those friends.

diegoagogo said...

Oh I am so sorry to hear of your Lucy's passing. It is always very sad to say goodbye to our loved ones.
Cheers
Lush
Worthing, UK

Sheryl Evans said...

So sorry for you & sorry for Lucy too. It is so sad that they have to leave us. No one can take their place, but love will bloom again.
;-)

Mairead Hardy said...

I am so sorry to hear about your cat. They may be small, but they take up a large space in our hearts.

Daisy said...

Sorry to hear about Lucy.

Miniature Collections

Miniature Net Ring

This site is owned by
ShinyNewThing

Want to join a
Miniature Network Ring?

[Next] [Previous] [Random] [List Sites]