Saturday, 16 November 2013

I think I'm getting an ulcer

We STILL haven't exchanged contracts, didn't even hear from the solicitor on Thursday or Friday, and she often takes Mondays off so my stomach is just in knots and I'm not sleeping very well.  At this rate (assuming we move at all) we could end up homeless because the odds are low that we can both find somewhere satisfactory to rent and get through all the credit checks etc in time.

I've been knitting on my Harvest Moon cardigan.  I had trouble figuring out the pocket instructions but got there in the end.  I went ahead and seamed the pockets and then knitted the garter rib edgings and sewed them on.  My i-cord cast off on the body is curling terribly, hopefully this is all going to block out.  I was looking online and discovered a lot of comments saying Debbie Bliss Rialto Aran yarn grows terribly when it gets wet which doesn't bode well as this cardi is coming out a bit roomy on me as it stands.


I've knit a bit more on my Schoppenwolle socks but I'm still not getting the pattern I'm meant to.  I'll knit a few more inches and then I will have to think about pulling them out and starting again on different needles if the dyed design still isn't showing up.

Now that it is properly cold I've been wearing lots of hand knit hats, gloves, fingerless gloves, mittens, cowls, and even a few jumpers and cardigans to work.  Although our office gets too warm so I can't wear anything too heavy.  Since coming out as a knitter on the business trip to Nottingham, I am now knitting on my lunch hours after I've finished eating, sitting in the chairs provided near the kitchen.  It's attracted a few amused looks and polite conversational enquiries, but nobody seems that interested and no other knitters have popped out of the woodwork. I think my team views it as one of my quirks which is acceptable since I am as old as most of their parents.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Best of luck to you Sharon. I'm going through it all myself at the moment so I know how you feel. Keeping calm and believing that it'll all work out in the end in its own time is the only way I can deal with it :) But honestly if someone else asks me whether I'm moving before Christmas may well get a swift right hook!

Miniature Collections

Miniature Net Ring

This site is owned by
ShinyNewThing

Want to join a
Miniature Network Ring?

[Next] [Previous] [Random] [List Sites]