Saturday 2 March 2024

Bon Voyage (to me)

 My last blog post before I head off to Hong Kong on Tuesday, on my way to New Zealand.  I plan to blog occasionally on the road if the technology cooperates.  Hopefully I have packed everything I will need, and fingers crossed my suitcase arrives with me. Wish me luck!


I've been working on the Lori Holt My Happy Place quilt although I'm not going to get it finished before I go.  But the design wall is filling up a lot more.



This is Week Eight

And this is the first half of Week Nine.


I've been making a bit of a push on my Latvian mitten and have crawled my way up past the thumb position (thumb stitches are indicated by the white horizontal line of waste yarn). I still don't really know what I'm doing with four colours in a row, but at least having only three colours in a row now seems easier by comparison. My tension continues to be pretty wobbly but I know that will improve when I wet block the finished mitten.




The kitchen in the Japanese dollshouse is not finished yet but I've put back the items I was accessorising. You can see I've simulated some tiny dishes on the two food trays with a sequin, a metal finding and some tiny hole punches that I cupped with an embossing tool.  The Japanese kettle was I think a present from my friend Anita.  The tiny spoon, oil pot, the two white jars, the little white dishes, and the baskets were purchased at the Tokyo dollshouse shop in 2019.  I have other accessories I want to make but it will have to wait for now.

I finished putting together the Japan travel journal, it feels good to have got that off my 'to do' list.  I also spent a few hours printing off colour photos from the slides I saved from my clear out a few weeks ago.  I had saved the relatively few  colour slides from the early 80s that included pictures of me.  I have an ancient scanner (it may well be older than my adult son) that will scan coloured slides but it took me about an hour to work out how to scan the first slide and then to convince my new Canon printer to print the whole photo at a reasonable resolution (and not cut half the image off etc.).  Once I had a process, the remaining dozen or so were fairly straightforward.    I have so much more decluttering to accomplish but it will have to wait until I'm going to be home for a period of consecutive weeks.







1 comment:

MeMeM said...

Have a wonderful time on your trip! I look forward to beautiful and interesting pictures to come.

It always amazes me how much you get done in a week! I've only managed to make binding for a kingsize quilt and get three quarters of it sewn on. That and admin work for the local American Needlepoint Guild chapter I belong to. I've been procrasinating on making and blocking the last 3 blocks squares of a flowered granny square afghan - maybe because I know I'll then have to sew the blocks all together and crochet the binding.

Have a great time!