Today I was working on my blue and white Bear's Paw quilt and managed to complete seven more blocks. I am pleased to announce that I finished the 20th and final block today - only 15 years after starting this project. Looking through the bag of crumpled 15-year-old fabric, it looks like I have already cut out the setting squares and triangles (it's on point) and set aside half square triangles for a border. Looking at the photocopied instructions, apparently the quilt measures 90" x 104" which seems an odd measurement. My mattress is 60" x 80" so the quilt is going to be a bit long - I might scale down the size of the final border. The white fabric is a tone on tone, and the blues are various African indigo prints. Next time I go to quilting I will probably start sewing it together.
On Thursday I started work on my Lace Pillow Tote Bag, cutting 2.5" strips from the haberdashery themed fabrics I bought at Peterborough and adding in some other sewing-themed fabrics from my stash. I've sewn together two panels for the two sides of the bag and have started quilting them by sewing along the strips. I have some quilting-themed lining fabric as well.
Also on Thursday I mocked up the dormer roof for my Victorian dollshouse porch in cardboard until I was satisfied with the fit, then cut it out in wood and glued it on. Obviously it doesn't hide the existing shallow porch on the house but the dormer distracts the eye. The next job is shingling which is going to take a while with all the angles to cut.
Last Sunday my lace friends came over and I finished the Idrija bobbin lace motif that I started in the Idrija class at Peterborough. It's not perfect but as a first attempt I'm pleased with it. I'm going to try a bigger but similar pattern for a mat, using a homemade pricking traced from a picture I downloaded from Pinterest.
On the knitting front, commuter knitting has continued to be the Lallybroch socks and at the request of Swooze, here is a picture:
TV knitting has been the Que Sera cardigan, I've done both fronts and am now working on the back. It doesn't look like much yet because it hasn't been blocked, but it is a diamond lace pattern with moss stitch borders.
Hope you are enjoying a nice long weekend if you are in the UK , with lots of craft activities.