Sunday 4 November 2018

Why is life so cr*p sometimes?

It's a bit sad to  re-read last week's post when I was feeling happy after a nice weekend.  This week has been a bit cr*p to be honest.

I found out this week that I've got a bit more skin cancer on my face and back that will have to be removed, a reoccurrence of the issues I had ten years ago.  The back isn't a problem and the spot can be cut/burned away fairly easily.  But the nose is a problem.  Last time I had to have surgery and a skin graft taken from my hip to cover the nose area where the cancer was removed..  When they do my back in early December, they are going to do a couple of biopsies to determine how big the new nose site is, but it may mean more surgery and another graft. And more weeks looking like Frankenstein's cousin afterwards. 

We posted a birthday card to m-i-l on Wednesday with a gift card in it, sent first class so it should have been there Friday at the latest.  It still hasn't turned up so may have been stolen. I don't think there is anything we can do about it, the card was already loaded and activated and the post office will probably just tell us off for sending valuables in the mail.

And to top it off, we've had a front house window broken, probably  by a gang of teenagers that has taken to hanging around the neighbourhood.  We've had a few confrontations with them when they trespass into our property, so the window may have been retaliation.  We've got a police officer coming around tonight hopefully with some advice on what to do.  But it's a horrible feeling to feel under siege in your own home.  I've felt really stressed out all weekend which is upsetting my stomach as well.  We're waiting to see if the insurers will cover the broken window and I've left a message for a glazier that we need the window replaced. Fingers crossed that we're insured and that the glaziers can attend promptly. Luckily DH is working from home so will be on hand to deal with things.

So it's been hard to concentrate on crafts because of the stress.  Earlier in the week I did get the Japanese dollshouse glued onto its base.  I stippled around the area where the house sits to look a bit like gravel, before I glued the house on.  The white board in the picture is the piece that lifts away, that will eventually be the garden.  It's a relief to have the house secured on a nice solid base, although it does make it slightly harder to get up close to work on the rooms.  Also this week I put together a kit for another little dressing table mirror (visible at the back of the room with a fabric cover hanging over it) and for two chairs.  I'm going to make cushions for the chairs out of the same fabric as on the mirror drape.



I sewed a basket block on my day off for my 30s Sampler quilt and this weekend I've appliqued some 30s-style flowers onto it.  I took the flowers from another pattern as I didn't like the tulip and birds suggested in the sampler pattern.  I fused the flowers and stitched around them with machine blanket stitch, then I hand-appliqued the flower centres (in this picture the centres are just pinned on).

Hopefully I'll have some better news to report next week!

1 comment:

swooze said...

I’m sorry for your troubles. I hope they’ve caught everything early enough to stop progression. Sending hugs and positive thoughts your way.