Monday 2 May 2022

I'm back....and so tired

 Just a brief post to say I got back from my week at the Paducah quilt show this morning, after an overnight flight and not much sleep.  Together with the six hour time difference, I am having trouble stringing together coherent sentences, much less a blog post, so I think I will leave my report until later.  It was a much smaller show than back in the day, and the town was a lot quieter as well, but I still had fun and met lots of nice people - including long-time blog friend Swooze which was a delight.  I did end up buying a fair bit but managed to cram it all into my suitcase by dint of removing my clothes to a carry on, and squeaked in under the weight allowance.  Being surrounded by cheap fabric (a lot of it about £6.30 a yard, and some less than that) was frustrating since fabric is heavy, so I had to try to be discriminating.  I will go through my purchases and put together a show and tell.  It was great to be back in Paducah but it's also great to be home again.




2 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

Wonderful you and swooze got to meet and glad to hear your home again safe and sound....... Enjoy a good sleep

swooze said...

I especially our pre travel weather report exchange. Stool the highlight of the trip was getting to meet you! I’m glad you are home safely ensconced in your home!