Saturday 17 February 2024

Short week

 It's only a few days since we got back from Malta, so not much to report.  I have spent several hours working on week seven of the Lori Holt My Happy Place Quilt which is a large 20" applique block with several components to prepare using the turn-through method.  This is a picture of it all glue-basted down, and currently I am hand stitching the applique.  Very cheerful.



I took a little magazine cross stitch kit to stitch a little bird with me to Malta, where I started it. So I've also worked on that a bit since getting back.  And I've done some more rows on the Latvian mitten.


I've booked a week to Iceland in late summer so I've been doing some research and prebooking for that.


And that's it for this week.  Lots of laundry after the trip and just life stuff, like our kitchen tap has started leaking so we've had to get the plumber in.  There's always something with an old house.

1 comment:

MeMeM said...

That's such a pretty applique block. Lori Holt designs always look like they would be so fun to do :)